Good Life Now Offers Guided Wealth Portfolios (GWP) Robo Advisor Platform
Are you looking for a hands-off way to start building an investment portfolio? Robo investing is a powerful service that’s great for new investors and experienced investors alike. At Good Life Financial Advisors, we are proud to offer our clients access to Guided Wealth Portfolios (GWP), an exciting digital advice platform. GWP can be used in combination with support from our team, which isn’t typically offered with other platforms. In this way, you can benefit from a combination of technology and personalized financial service.
Learn more about the benefits of robo investing and the features of GWP below—and sign up today to get started.
What Is A Robo Investor?
Robo investors are one of the most exciting financial tools to come out in recent years. Also known as robo advisors, these platforms are essentially automated investing tools that curate and manage your portfolio based on your personal settings and goals. Simply provide the funds for the account, enter your settings, and the platform will take care of the rest. You can start investing in a matter of minutes, often with low fees and low minimums.
Benefits Of Robo Investing
- Automated Investing. Input your goals, and the platform will automatically create a portfolio to help you achieve them.
- Easy Portfolio Management. Leveraging carefully defined algorithms, the platform makes it easy to track and monitor your portfolio while maintaining a risk level based on your preferences.
- Low Fees. Because the system is automated, robo investing can be more affordable than traditional human advising.
- Low Minimum Investments. You can start building your portfolio with a low minimum investment, making this a great option for new investors or others with lower budgets.
- Tax Optimizations. Most platforms build portfolios with low-cost exchange-traded funds (ETFs). These types of funds have a number of tax benefits, and there can be other tax advantages of these systems as well. For more details, contact our knowledgeable advisors today.
- 24/7 Availability. You can gain access to your portfolio and make changes any time you’d like, wherever you have internet access.
How Does It Work?
Automated investing platforms use an algorithm to build your portfolio. The most common method used is Modern Portfolio Theory (MPT). This is a financial framework that is used to assemble a portfolio in an effort to optimize expected return for a given level of risk. Once you enter your goals and risk preferences, your robo investing platform will assemble your portfolio, track and manage your assets, rebalance your portfolio periodically, and handle all day-to-day management tasks.
Is Robo Investing Right For You?
Depending on your financial goals, situation, and budget, a robo advisor could be right for you. Here are some things to consider:
- Account Type. You can manage your individual retirement accounts and/or taxable accounts.
- Minimum Investment. If you don’t have a large budget to invest, this can be a great tool to get started. Many robo advisors offer low fees, and you can get started with GWP with a $5,000 minimum investment.
- Portfolio Considerations. If you’re unsure what to invest in, these systems can take the guesswork out of the equation. Simply enter your goals, and the system will provide you with portfolio options to choose from. Of course, our knowledgeable human advisors are available to assist with any questions you may have.
- Retirement Proximity. No matter how close you are to your intended retirement age, the platform can make recommendations for you. Whether you hope to retire in six years or 30, the platform will make appropriate recommendations. You can even add other goals into the equation, like purchasing a home.
- New Investors. With low minimums, low fees compared to traditional human advisors, and automated portfolio construction and management, robo investors can be a great way for new investors to get started with their portfolios.
About Guided Wealth Portfolios (GWP)
Invest for your future with GWP, our new online platform that combines the benefits of a personal financial advisor with sophisticated technology.
Getting Started With GWP
Getting started with GWP is easy. You can begin investing in a matter of minutes! Here are the basic steps.
- Complete Survey. To get started, sign up with GWP. You can then input your goals, investment style and risks, and link any existing accounts.
- Review Your Plan. You will receive portfolio recommendations in the platform based on the information you provide.
- Get Started. If you decide to enroll, GWP will administer your account using our customized investing process.
If you have any questions or need assistance with any part of the process, feel free to contact us.
Costs & Fees
When using the GWP platform with Good Life Financial Advisors, you get a technology-driven investment platform and the opportunity to build a relationship with an advisor. There is a .35% platform fee and a 1% fee for advisor access, for a total 1.35% fee.
We believe in the power of combining technology with our professional advice. When you work with us, you can enjoy the benefits of active portfolio management through GWP plus individualized support from one of our real human advisors—which isn’t typically offered with other platforms. Get started today!
Guided Wealth Portfolios (GWP) is a centrally managed, algorithm-based, investment program sponsored by LPL Financial LLC (LPL). GWP uses proprietary, automated, computer algorithms of FutureAdvisor to generate investment recommendations based upon model portfolios constructed by LPL. FutureAdvisor and LPL are non-affiliated entities. If you are receiving advisory services in GWP from a separately registered investment advisor firm other than LPL or FutureAdvisor, LPL and FutureAdvisor are not affiliates of such advisor. Both LPL and FutureAdvisor are investment advisors registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and LPL is also a Member FINRA/SIPC.
All investing involves risk including loss of principal. No strategy assures success or protects against loss. There is no guarantee that a diversified portfolio will enhance overall returns or outperform a non-diversified portfolio. Diversification does not protect against market risk.
Tax benefits in GWP materials
References to tax strategies that the GWP service investment management considers in managing accounts should not be confused with tax advice. LPL Financial does not provide tax advice. Clients should consult with their personal tax advisors regarding the tax consequences of investing.
Rebalancing a portfolio may cause investors to incur tax liabilities and/or transaction costs and does not assure a profit or protect against a loss.
Exchange-traded funds (ETFs)
An investment in exchange-traded funds (ETFs), structured as a mutual fund or unit investment trust, involves the risk of losing money. An investment in ETFs involves additional risks such as non-diversification, price volatility, competitive industry pressure, international political and economic developments, possible trading halts, and index tracking errors.